The Bretonnians went together easily. The sculpts, as usual with Games Workshop, are great, but I noticed that the pieces don’t lock together as smoothly as they could. I’m not sure why they decided to make each set of legs in two pieces, as you can’t do any parts swapping. It would have made a more solid model if they had come as one part on the sprue.
From out-of-the-box to fully trimmed and assembled only took two pleasant hours. Very little frustration with this kit.
Speaking of frustration, though, I picked up one of the new D&D Lords of Madness sets.
Um, $20.00 for this? Sure, there are some big models here, but how often am I going use anything but the guard and maybe the kobold? This has been a long time complaint I’ve had with the D&D miniatures line. Each box only has one or two things that are easily recognizable as a compelling monster or character. I’ve got a cabinet full of large plastic lumps with eyes painted on them and bendy swords that I’ll likely never use in a game. Not only that, but many of the sculpts in the later sets are just reissues with different paint jobs. To me, they are no longer worth the cost.
With the Bretonnians together and primes, I’m free to start new painting project. It’s time for me to get started on my first Flames of War company. My mid-war North African Italians have their first flesh coat applied. I don’t plan to do anything fancy with them, I probably won’t even base them right now. I just want something other than black rectangles for learning this new game.